Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Acceptable Fatness



So where are all the big guys?

I was on Facebook the other day and one of my FB friends was trying to trying to get recommendations for underwear. I recommended my own personal favorites, but this guy was looking for more sensual options and having no luck. I took a look for myself and indeed, most of the sexy options only rise to about size 36 or so. It’s a given that Big and Tall underwear is a thing but where are the jocks? The thongs? The jockbriefs?

For all the hubbub about the body positivity trend, it does seem like there’s an unwritten rule about who can be showcased and who can wear what, an acceptable amount for fatness that can be displayed and celebrated. The biggest guy I’ve seen in a mainstream ad for underwear had “dad bod” at best. Despite all the “sexy at any size” slogans, it seems like no one (at least mainstream-wise) is really embracing the true diversity of body shapes and sizes. Fat people are still seen as disgusting and slovenly, which is mostly likely why underwear and clothing made for big and tall men is strictly functional as opposed to looking good or dare I say, sexy. It’s even worse because most underwear brands that target men (specifically gay men) don’t feature anyone without chiseled abs and oiled muscles.

When these fashion/clothing companies jump the body positivity trend, they need to take the responsibility to represent ALL bodies because everyone deserves to feel desirable and wanted. I want for all men to stop cramming their nether regions into small sexy underwear, and I want them them to have the options that any other guy would have! It’s never wrong to thong at any size! Unless you’re me, I hate thongs. In order to truly break free of the rigid beauty standards and accept all fatness and skinniness and hardness and softness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Acceptable Fatness

So where are all the big guys? I was on Facebook the other day and one of my FB friends was trying to trying to get recommendations fo...